Skip to main content

Believe Me



   I am currently living life in two metro cities in Chennai and Pune.  Obviously it involves quite amount of travel and hence it is hectic. My family is in Pune. In the mid May I am planning to shift my family in Chennai.  Now, only mode of contact is cell phone. I currently have Maharashtra mobile service phone. Now I am paying cell phone with roaming charges and it is costly.
   
  I need to have TamilNadu mobile service to avoid roaming charges. So I (tried) purchased the prepaid sim card from Tamil Nadu. To get the sim card I went to sim vendor three times with the documents. Since I do not have permanent address here in Chennai, I knew it's not going to be easy to obtain the sim card. To obtain the sim card I need to produce my identity proof and permanent address proof. As a permanent address proof document, I gave vendor my passport but it was not accepted since its validity was less than three months (Ok, maybe that's the rule). Next I gave driving license, but it was also rejected for the reason that, stamp on it is faint. (Obviously it was obtained 15 years back). Then I went home and got the pan-card as my identity proof but even it was rejected because it doesn't have address on it. So I was without sim card for almost next ten days.  

  In the mean time I was able to get my Adhar card which has my permanent address, identity proof and birth date all in one document.  So again I went third time to vendor to get the prepaid sim card. This time he looked little convinced. He asked me one local reference, I produced it too. Now after so much investigation and documentation I finally have my sim card with me. But the struggle is not over yet. Even after one week, sim card is not activated. I contacted customer care which says we have not received address proof and contact vendor. So I again (fourth time) went to vendor. He mentioned that form is rejected. Reason is not clear to me, he explained me in Tamil. I absolutely do not understand Tamil. All I understood that he called me again next day with my Adhar card and photos and he will fill the form again. I observed that he is too conscious about dispatching me sim card since I am from outside. But, after producing all valid documents he should have got completely convinced. Anyway I will try to take this positively and appreciate his sincerity towards his work.

  What pains me here more that, the amount of disbelief I have to face on every front.  I have seen this kind of disbelief in my own state as well. Everybody is looking at each other with suspicion. Sometime I feel all those anti-social elements who try to spread disbelief in society are becoming successful. Recently I read one article; the theme of the article was how Indian system is based on disbelief. In India if we go anywhere we have to prove our self always, all the time. May it be school, college, travelling, any government office, insurance and what not? Why cannot we make a system based on belief? Sure there will be some accidents but it could be checked by simple precautions. Why hold 80% prompt, obedient population on stake for some possible fraudulent behavior of 20% people? I heard stories from western world that even insurance companies granting money just based on a phone call. I have seen many Indian students travelling to US just based on the word given by their professor. Why cannot this happen in India? This question remains....

And Yes! Still my sim card is not working.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Public Transpotation in Paris

Paris is famous for its museum, for Eiffel tower, as a city of romance but also it is famous for its best ever public transport service. City is divided in various zones. There are four ways of transportation, bus, metro, tram and RER (it is a railway). But the best part is they are well connected with each other. For regular travelers it is possible to buy just one Navigo card. It is the pass or card, by using which it is possible to travel by any of the above means in any zone of the city. So good thing is, it is literally possible to travel at any part of the city without carrying a single cent for complete one month.  Based on zones and the tracks of metro, tram etc. city maps are available. These maps are elaborate and self-explanatory. Once understood how to read, then it is possible to roam at any part of city without opening mouth. Tram or metro are running at every 3 to 5 minutes. So waiting is minimal. Inside the metro, or tram or RER, all stations on that root are

Go Australia

I started this blog to express my views, experience of the world and my world. I don't want to make it travel blog but many times I travel to some places and I cannot resist myself to write about it. I recently came to Perth, Australia. This is my first journey towards East side of India or Australian continent. I came by Mumbai - Singapore - Perth. At first I must say Mumbai airport is very good. I can compare it with any other great airports of the world. Processes are smooth, no confusion at any point. Well done Mumbai. Flight from Mumbai to Singapore was great. At the first time I saw Mumbai from top. It looks cool although, there is big slum area near airport. It does not look good. But, Queen's necklace, Bandra Worli sea link looks awesome. When you see something from top, you get a complete different perpective. We suddenly realize that there are other dimensions to the world. Ok let me not get started on philosophy. The flight to Singapore was cool. After cros

Mahabalipuram: The Land of Mahabali

I am writing again after another six months. I have to keep visiting here regular. Actually, initial plan was to add at least one post per month but it appears that even it is difficult. I will try to stick this plan although lot of things coming up in next few days. I will discuss it in next post. I started this blog to share my experiences in life, wherever I stay. Currently I am in Chennai and I am sharing my life here. I don’t want to make it a travel blog. Generally I tend to do that more may be it is human tendency . :)  Recently I visited Mahabalipuram a small town near Chennai just 55 Km away. It was second trip. When I first visited, I was thinking I am visiting just another temple place. For those who don’t know, there are many old and beautiful temples in Tamil-Nadu. But, I am not big fan of temples. Why? Well not now on this. I rather avoid discussing religious topics. Mahabalipuram is different and very beautiful place to visit. I am happy that I went there. It