Skip to main content

Walk in the Stockholm city center



As I said in my last post I will be exploring Stockholm and writing more about it. I feel the best way to explore any city is to walk on the roads of the city. This  presents the real picture of city. So I started my walk on Friday evening after office. From my hotel window I could see water and small boats. I thought I should go there to get some good pictures. So I started walking in that direction. The area is called Riddarholmen. The Swedish names are difficult. I don't understand how to pronounce it. And even if I pronounce it, I am sure it don't sound correctly the way  it should be. During the walk I got some good pictures. I could see some nice buildings, architectures, I captured it in my camera. There is small harbor, I walked around it for some time. It's a very nice place for spending evening. There was less crowd. From this place there is very good view of some Palace situated on the hills nearby across the water and city town hall on the other side. Very very good location for pictures.

I was planning to return hotel, but by just curiosity I entered in one narrow road and Wow! it was nice network of typically European narrow roads. Of-course it is open just for walking. In both sides of the road there are either hotels or souvenir shops. Best place for window shopping.  I really like these kind of roads, I am not able to find a appropriate word for these small roads. But they are specialty of Europe. I was so happy. I took many snaps. It is the original Stockholm may be developed many hundred years before. Every building has some history and some story to tell. 




 It is great walk indeed just like dream walk. I promised my-self to return here again and came back to hotel.

One different thought below. I have seen Paris, some places in Germany and now in Sweden. These European cities have maintained very well. More specifically the great buildings, forts. There were so many wars faught in these countries. Europe was center of two world wars. Still they were able to maintain all these structures. India has soooo big and old history, of-curse India was attacked for many years by outsiders and they destroyed the great structures specially by Mugals. Just imagine if these old structures were present we would have so much tourist places and could have earned great amount of Forex for country. Just like Europeans are able to en-cash based on these structures.  But now we all Indians should learn and maintain the existing historical structures.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Public Transpotation in Paris

Paris is famous for its museum, for Eiffel tower, as a city of romance but also it is famous for its best ever public transport service. City is divided in various zones. There are four ways of transportation, bus, metro, tram and RER (it is a railway). But the best part is they are well connected with each other. For regular travelers it is possible to buy just one Navigo card. It is the pass or card, by using which it is possible to travel by any of the above means in any zone of the city. So good thing is, it is literally possible to travel at any part of the city without carrying a single cent for complete one month.  Based on zones and the tracks of metro, tram etc. city maps are available. These maps are elaborate and self-explanatory. Once understood how to read, then it is possible to roam at any part of city without opening mouth. Tram or metro are running at every 3 to 5 minutes. So waiting is minimal. Inside the metro, or tram or RER, all stations on that root are

Go Australia

I started this blog to express my views, experience of the world and my world. I don't want to make it travel blog but many times I travel to some places and I cannot resist myself to write about it. I recently came to Perth, Australia. This is my first journey towards East side of India or Australian continent. I came by Mumbai - Singapore - Perth. At first I must say Mumbai airport is very good. I can compare it with any other great airports of the world. Processes are smooth, no confusion at any point. Well done Mumbai. Flight from Mumbai to Singapore was great. At the first time I saw Mumbai from top. It looks cool although, there is big slum area near airport. It does not look good. But, Queen's necklace, Bandra Worli sea link looks awesome. When you see something from top, you get a complete different perpective. We suddenly realize that there are other dimensions to the world. Ok let me not get started on philosophy. The flight to Singapore was cool. After cros

Karla Caves

Last Saturday and weekend, we decided to go for a short trip near Pune towards Mumbai at Lonavala (60KM). On the way of Lonavala there is a small tourist attraction. Karla caves. Compare to Ajanta Ellora it is very small. However, the carvings, sculptures never stops to amaze me.  If you start from Pune, then it is 6KM before reaching Lonavala. It takes 15 - 20 minutes trek and you would reach the mountain top to find Karla caves in front of you. It is protected by ASI (Archaeological Survey of India). Number of caves is small probably less than 10 but still they are amazing. If you happen to travel in rainy season, natural waterfalls are active and they are falling in front of caves. Caves mainly can be divided in two parts. One part is temple and other parts are rooms for devotees.  You should certainly plan the visit. It will give you mesmerizing experience and some great memories.  Here are some glimpse of beauty...I am sure you will visit there.